Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chicken and Vegetable Bake

I have seen a bunch of recipes on Pinterest with chicken breasts, potatoes and green beans or broccoli, topped with butter and italian seasoning baked in one dish. I used the general idea, but I omitted the butter and did fresh seasoning instead of packaged. I used a recipe from Beachbody for the marinade. I always love it when an experiment comes together and the whole family likes it.

Chicken and Vegetable Bake

Marinade
Chopped fresh oregano, basil, thyme, Italian parsley (about 1 tbsp each)
fresh squeezed lemon (about 2 tbsp)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt

Combine ingredients and pour over 4 chicken breasts. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Place in the middle of a glass baking dish and line one side with quartered potatoes (I used Yukon gold, but red or fingerlings would be good too) and the other side with broccoli, green beans, or asparagus. Pour the remainder of the marinade over the dish, cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment