Thursday, March 13, 2014

Start to Finish Step 4: Make Plan


For the Start to Finish Running Group, we will be following the Couch Potato to 5K program.  It is a 9 week program, but we only have 7 weeks so I will have to make some adjustments.  

A 5K is 3.1 miles.  In this program we will be gradually working up to this distance.  We will be focusing on time, not distance.  Each workout session will take about 20-30 minutes, three times a week.  I like to run 3 to 4 days a week because then I can use the other 2 or 3 days to go to classes at the gym and/or do strength training.     

MAKE PLAN:  Decide what 3 days a week you are going to run and stick to it.  I schedule my workouts just like I do an appointment.  If someone asks me to do something during this time I say NO.  This is the one thing that I do only for me, so it is sacred.  It really is for my family's well being too that I get my daily workout in, because . . .


Let your family and friends know what your goal and plan is.  Tell them that you will be unavailable at the time that you have designated to exercise.   Let them know how important this is to you.

Be a good example. The other day as my husband and I were getting ready to leave for Kettlebell class at the gym, my husband asked my 14 year old son if he cared that we were going.  He said no, that he was glad that we were fit.  Our children see that we value our health and also their health too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment